Re: [Deskbar] Documenting deskbar-applet

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 01:27 +0200, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:
> I think we should start documenting deskbar-applet. There are several
> benefits from this, I will only elaborate on it unless people object
> to the idea.

I, for one, welcome our new documentation overlords !

> To this end I suggest we use epydoc. It is simple and straight
> forward, relatively mainstream (installed default on Dapper) and
> provides resonably desent html output. I've attached a tarball of some
> documented test classes. You can generate the documentation by "epydoc
> test_doc" (standing just outside the dir from the tarball). You can
> see more on epydoc on http://epydoc.sf.net.

I agree, have already used epydoc and it's good. Bonus points if you
have a make target, like make doc to generates the doc in a suitable
directory (maybe not for installation yet, but at least for people
wanting to read the doc)

Obviously, the public deskbar interface (Match and Handler & co) should
be reviewed checked for consistency, trimmed down if needed, and be
documented too.

Raf