Re: [Deskbar] Separating UI and backend

Just to follow up on myself...

Spawning the search backend as a daemon also has the side effect of swapping us out when we are unused; or what (I'm no expert on daemonology)?

Strictly about daemonizing the backend (and not dbussing as such), we have on the pro side:

   + Free up ram
   +? Ease system strain when starting up (nice=20)

Cons:
   - Add dbus overhead both in memory and speed
   -? Slow response when swapping in
   - An extra *python* process

I've left out all the dbus benefits since they are too numerous to list :-)

Well, I shouldn't be coding now anyway...

Cheers
Mikkel