Re: [Fwd: Re: [Deskbar] Preferences UI]

> > > Can you explain what is the handler.recheck_requirements(self) for ?
> > >
> > > If i understand correctly, it's for the case when the handler is not
> > > happy anymore but was in the past, is that right ?
> > >
> > > In that case, i would prefer to simply unload the module that is not
> > > happy anymore, and not sprinkle the code with "if self.i_am_valid"
> >
> > The use case I had in mind was (and possibly getting carried away with
> > instant-apply), if Google Live wasn't working because of a missing WSDL
> > file, then subsequently putting that file in the right place would get
> > automatically picked up and it would "just work" without having to
> > disable and then re-enable the handler.

I removed it, and it now works like this:
When a handler is requiring something, it is stopped and thus disabled.
When the handlers is hapy again you have to re-enable automatically.

I don't think the complexity of this recheck thing is worth the effort,
and the current behavior is completely acceptable: if not requirements
-> uncheck.

Raf