Re: Memory Issues and Problematic Workaround with ulimit

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018, at 09:26, Vej wrote:
> Any solution to this in sight? Have I missed something?

That sounds like a useful summary, thanks Vej.

I feel a bit embarrassed that the monitor daemon is causing all these problems.

I wish I knew how to reproduce the dang memory leak.

Maybe another solution is to keep some sort of ulimit thingy in there (maybe bump the number too) but just turn off apport reporting for the monitor process, so Ubuntu doesn’t get reports? That still seems like avoiding the responsibility of fixing the bug. But still...