Re: Open Deja Dup design issues

Hey Michael,

On Thu, 2011-06-16 at 15:55 -0400, Michael Terry wrote:
> Hello, Allan!  I've taken the liberty of mailing you directly, since
> you've been involved for a while.  The recent thread about the best
> way of contacting the GNOME Design team on desktop-devel-list left me
> a bit confused.  So I've taken the direct approach.  Please rope in
> any interested parties.
>
> Deja Dup has several open issues needing visual design (see Proposals
> on https://live.gnome.org/DejaDup/Design).  I would appreciate any
> time you or another Design person could spare to look them over.
>
> I'd also be interested in a general usability once-over again (using
> the 19.x releases).  It was useful the last time.  But between the
> two, I'm a bit more interested in actual visual design of new features
> that have been on the back burner for a while.
>
> There isn't a rush.  These likely wouldn't be targeted for the GNOME
> 3.2 cycle.  But I'd like to solve these problems eventually.

We definitely need to do some design work on backup. I've chatted with a
couple of other design people who seemed interested. I'm not sure when
I'll personally be able to find the time to look at it since I'm pretty
swamped at the moment, I'll certainly ask around to see if anyone else
wants to have a go though. I've also started a design whiteboard page
[1]

Best wishes,

Allan

[1] https://live.gnome.org/Design/Whiteboards/Backup