[Deja-dup-hackers] Partial restore, take 2

Hey,

after a bit of brainstorming with a friend Jure we came up with another mockup that might facilitate partial backup in a better manner:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1493539/past-rest-mockup.pdf

By adding files to a special list that would be communicated to a user at all times, users could restore files from different time points at the same time, which would be impossible by my first mockup since user would have to run assistant several times to achieve this (and also for files from different directory). This mockup also better addresses the issue of user not knowing where in the assistant he is - although I would still add progress bar with superimposed text regarding next step to even better communicate to user where in the process he is and how many steps still await him.

Not included in the backup is a small "x" or "delete" button from the table below which would allow user to delete a file that was added by mistake.

After a bit of discussion with GTK guys it is apparent that although widget is being developed it is still quite far from being developed to acceptable level. I may give a helping hand in it's development later, but will, for the time being, just use treeview for browsing file structure and iconview for showing current directory. If he/we develop the breadcrumbs later, I might switch to that when the time comes.

Comments? Ideas? Suggestions? :)

Regards,
Urban