Re: [Deja-dup-hackers] interested in getting involved

On 1 February 2010 13:56, Daniel Hollocher <danielhollocher gmail com> wrote:
> I'm interested in getting involved with Dejadup.  I noticed a couple
> open invitations to help out with the coding, and I would love to take
> you up on that.  Any suggestions on where to get started?

I would love to take you up on that as well.  ;)

I've done some documentation of the steps needed to get your coding
feet wet: http://live.gnome.org/DejaDup/GettingInvolved/Coding

> I noticed a bug report regarding support for having a backup span
> multiple partitions.  That looked interesting, maybe I can start
> there?

I actually don't remember this bug.  Link me and we can talk about the
specifics.  The only partition bugs I remember are around having a
different /home than your /tmp and /tmp filling up (which should be
fixed with 13.x deja-dup and duplicity trunk).

Or if you have other things you want to, do let me know.

Else, I can come up with some easy getting-to-learn Deja Dup bugs (I
think).  Maybe tonight or tomorrow I can sit down and look through
bugs/feature requests.

By and large, I'd prefer general discussions to happen on this list,
but if you just want to ping me about some specific code question,
find me on jabber (mike mterry name).

-mt