Parsing an XML file in an archive

Hi list

I want to create a filter for Beagle! (Actually, several filters for different formats that are built
similar….)  I have red the documentation, but I cannot wrap my head around it. I hope some-
one where will take the time to get me started!

The format is simple: zipped files (with extensions other than .zip, but they are still just zips)
Only one file of interest: meta.xml that contains strings that can be mapped to dc values.

So, if someone could show me how to parse one element and an attribute from a specific file
residing within a zip archive. Whoever finds the time to help me should add the same info
to the Development section at http://beagle-project.org/ as well.

Thanks in advance :-)