beagle-query and uri's with spaces

Hi,

Can someone tell me how to use beagle-query with the search-term being a uri: with spaces (or other funny characters) in it? For example, beagle-query actually returns a hit like "file:///var/SDRFiles/COMMON/Suppliers/MCS/Price List.xls" - and I want pass this back again to beagle-query as a uri: query. Tried many combinations of " and \ and %20 but not getting anywhere!

(If you want to know why, it's because I'm using PHP on a web server to exec beagle-query and display simple results, and I'd like a more detailed look at the results in some cases. I get the feeling this approach is deprecated, but it's starting to work well for indexing the server. Beagle is great!)

Cheers, Roger