problems with beagle-build-index after upgrade to 0.3.8

Hi everyone,

after upgrading beagle from 0.3.5 to 0.3.8 (both Ubuntu packages), I encountered memory problems when using beagle-build-index in a directory tree with _lots_ of files. In 0.3.5 it took some hours, but worked in the end; in 0.3.8 it loops over and over and over, always quitting at about the same file with the error "process too big". When I use --disable-restart, it fails with "too many files open", which I can probably fix, but I was wondering what might have changed from 0.3.5 to 0.3.8 to cause this behaviour?

Greetings,

Jens