Re: Firefox indexer not working: files in ToIndex never removed

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 3:24 AM, Frederik Himpe <fhimpe telenet be> wrote:
> Hi, I'm using Mandriva 2009.1 with Beagle 0.3.9 running on mono 2.2. I
> have enabled the Beagle Indexer 1.1 add-on in Firefox 3.0.8, but it does
> not seem to be working: I had a huge amount of unindexed web pages which
> were never removed from ~/.beagle/ToIndex.
>
> The only error I could find in the logs is this backtrace:
>
> 20090420 22:18:48.7264 12883 Beagle ERROR EX: Caught exception while instantiating IndexingService backend
> 20090420 22:18:48.7264 12883 Beagle ERROR EX: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/home/frederik/.beagle/Indexes/IndexingServiceIndex/Locks/lucene-87e2d2d7eab46d37e08cb23db1c76b0c-write.lock" is denied.

This definitely looks like the problem.  Can you take a look at those
files and directories and see if there are any ownership or modal
problems that could prevent your user from being able to write or
delete files from there?  Something owned as root, perhaps?

Worst case, you could delete the
~/.beagle/Indexes/IndexingServiceIndex directory entirely.  That would
fix the permissions problem, but you would lose any previously-indexed
web pages.  (And unlike other backends which could just recrawl the
data, these will be permanently lost unless you navigate back to that
web page.)

Thanks,