Re: Thunderbird search not working for me

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 12:36 PM, Marco <map gmx it> wrote:
> I understand that since SOC2007 Beagle can search emails in Thunderbird.
[snip]
> I've created in my home directory a .mozilla-thunderbird link which
> points to the real path of my tb folder, and added
> /mypath/thunderbird in beagle-settings, but didn't help.

This should not be necessary

[snip]

> Is there something I'm missing to activate the thunderbird backend
> in 0.3.8?
> Do I need to install the beagle2.xpi file mentioned in
> http://postlund.org/2007/08/06/thunderbird-support-now-available-in-trunk/
> ?

Yes, you need the extension, however the one on the blog is outdated.
Your distribution probably includes a package which will install the
extension. On Ubuntu, it's called "thunderbird-beagle", while on
Gentoo, setting USE=thunderbird will install the extension.

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan