Re: Beagle causing GTK+ hangs

Hi Fredrik,

> Beagle suddenly does not seem to respond to connections on its socket
> anymore, causing all kind of different hangs in GTK+ application (for
> example any file chooser and Evolution's new message window take more than
> a minute to come up).
>
> Any idea what is causing this or how to debug this further?

Roughly, libbeagle is trying to connect to beagle using the latter's
unix socket. Sometimes when the load is high (and sometimes for
reasons I havent yet figured out) this takes a long time. The
connection happens in a non-blocking mode but sometimes the buffer at
beagle's end gets filled up so quickly that several sleep/retries are
needed. That is pretty much the cause of the delay. I can reproduce
the problem if I am firing lots of queries to beagled; but some people
have reported that the problem happens even when there are no other
queries. I don't yet know what causes the unix socket connection
problems in that case.

Can you check if this makes it easier. From what I can tell, there was
no release after this change.
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/beagle?view=revision&revision=4747

Also, can you check if there are multiple instance of beagled running ?