Re: Summer of Code 2008

Hey,

>  >  >  Is Beagle going to participate again this year?
>  >

I will be busy during summer and it will be hard for me to dedicate
the required amount of time. Nevertheless, if there is enough
enthusiasm (meaning, lots of projects and fewer mentors) I can oversee
a project.

As for the projects, I dont have ready suggestions. Its always hard to
come up with these; there are lots of TODOs but not many suitable for
an independent SoC project. Care needs to be taken that the projects
do not get lost after completion (we took more than a year to merge
2006 SoC projects). That said, here are two ideas:
- (courtsey Nirbheek) Get beagle to personal data with google e.g.
google mail, calendar, docs etc.
- (courtsey Kevin) After all these years to get the data extraction
and searching right, its high time the effort be put to good uses.
Plain old desktop search is only the simplest and a boring usage.
Interesting data mining apps (e.g. using the RDF layer), innovative
searching (gnome-do, nemo), context search (dashboard) can be created
to use beagle's service.