Re: administering directory exclusions for beagle

> The problem now becomes how to exclude these directories from beagle
> indexing and to do it in a way that is automated by the system so that the
> exclusion is incorporated into the beagle config for each new user without
> some manual intervention by the user or admin.. The problem is that when a

What version of beagle exists in SLED10 ?

If its 0.3.x, then take a look at the global config files
at /etc/beagle/config-files. Look specially for Daemon.xml and
FilesQueryable.xml. FilesQueryable.xml contains the default excluded
directories and they allow environment variables (e.g. you can specify
$HOME/mapped_dir). You might also want to add "Files" (and other relevant
backends) to Daemon.xml:DeniedBackends so that by default these backends are
turned off.

If it is 0.2.x or earlier, then the /etc/skel approach is the only way that
comes to my mind. Although, I cant quite say off the top of my head what is
going wrong.

beagle / KDE / Mandriva / Inspiron-1100