Re: Google protocol buffers

Hey,

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 2:39 PM, Brad Taylor <brad getcoded net> wrote:
> Now I haven't done that much research into Google's protocol buffers,
> but from first blush, this seems similar in spirit to Thrift[1], which
> is a lightweight, cross-platform binary serialization method, and works
> with C# (among many other languages).  Maybe this warrants a look as
> well?

Yeah, good point, it's definitely worth taking a look at this as well.
 Unfortunately it also doesn't support C# out of the box, though.

Thrift also seems like it may be more focused on defining service
definitions -- you can define things like method calls with it --
which is a little more like D-Bus.  Beagle at this point only really
cares about serializing data, so some of the power of Thrift is
diminished.