Re: beagles eating my /var filesystem

> Always: Starting beagle-build-index (pid 27679) at 28/10/2007 4:11:01 PM
> Debug: Set best effort IO priority to lowest level (7)
> Debug: Reniced process to 19
> Debug: Loaded 284 records from
> /var/cache/beagle/indexes/applications/FileAttributesStore.db in 0.004s
> Debug: Starting IndexWorker
> Debug: Size: VmRSS=11.9 MB, size=1.00, 0.0%

You ran it against the application index, maybe the documentation index shows
some error :) But I doubt it will, though.

> It is probably worth noting that I always run the Ubuntu development
> version on the machine so package churn can be quite huge.  Is garbage
> collection happening?  i.e. when a documentation file disappears because
> the package is upgraded/removed is will the beagle index items be
> cleaned out?

Oh, one more thing. If you havent deleted the old index yet, you can do a
(as any user)
$ beagle-dump-index --uris --indexdir=/var/cache/beagle/indexes/documentation/
this will dump all the uris (11K for me) of the items in the index. You might
be able to spot some anomaly there. I remember you already ran
with --enable-deletion once, so there should not be any deleted directories.
The --enable-deletion did not receive much testing, so there is some
possibility of a bug there.