Re: State of the Pooch

Hi Joe,

Thanks a lot. I am delighted to be awarded the new responsibility. It has been
a pleasure to work on beagle this far and I am sure it will be even better in
the future.

>     Work continues in trying to make a great 0.3.0 release, and in the
>     meantime we're pushing out 0.2.x maintenance releases.  I'd love
>     it if people could be regularly running from SVN trunk so that we
>     can stress test a lot of the features that I'll mention below and
>     get a 0.3.0 release out there that the less adventurous users out
>     there can enjoy.

For others, there is no more new feature planned for 0.3.0. Lukas is giving
some finishing touches to beagle-search and Nirbheek is working on making the
webinterface a bit smoother experience (*). But there is no likelyhood of any
changes to the core nor any completely new feature. Sort of like "feature
freeze" but not quite.

- dBera

(*) e.g. I just came to know that even though my Firefox 1.5 allows me open
local links, Firefox 2.0 explicitly deny that. We are thinking of other ways
to open local files from the webinterface.