Re: GSoC Weekly Report

> > (*) One of my recent efforts has been to add language detection support
> > (based on a patch in bugzilla).
>
> Could you describe how this is going to work? I see that language detection
> is quite simply if you have enough text, but basically impossible for
> short texts like queries. So will the queries be sent through all
> analyzers and then OR'ed, for example?

Bummer! Didnt think about that :(
The bugzilla contributor and myself were more focussed on how to
detect the language.

Thinking quickly, one way to do this would be to add an option to
query to specify the language. Then that analyzer will be used. People
who requested this feature most wanted someway to query only, say
german, documents. So they know apriori what langage docs they want to
query. Then they can simply specify their choice (somehow, using the
Query API) and we search only in documents of that language (as well
as use the right analyzer).