Re: Search items limit

 Is there a simple way to increase the number of reported results from a
search (for example to 1000 office type documents from the current 50 or so)
 If find that email hits often replace more interesting results, and the
actual search tends to give rather limited results.

If it's not so simple - where in the source should I look?

The search limit is 100, and it can be changed using the api. But
beagle-search has no option to do it, so one way is to change the
default limit in beagle/BeagleClient/Query.cs (search for 100). (Other
being to submit a patch for a beagle-search option ;-)).

If you want to search only files, you can use the not-so-popular
beagle query syntax. It's described somewhere in the wiki, but I think
if you add to the query something like "HitType:File", it will only
return files or "-HitType:MailMessage" to not return any emails. If
you are using (0.2.16+), you can probably do "FileType:document" to
return only openoffice,msoffice,pdf,text documents. Verify the syntax
from the wiki.