Re: beagle-search problems
- From: "Joe Shaw" <joe joeshaw org>
- To: "Debajyoti Bera" <dbera web gmail com>
- Cc: dashboard-hackers gnome org
- Subject: Re: beagle-search problems
- Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 14:19:17 -0400
On 5/14/07, Debajyoti Bera <dbera web gmail com> wrote:
> One more problem:
> When searching for, e.g. "Harry" I get also all hits containing
> "Harri". Is this expected ? I haven't seen this behavior before.
> Any ideas and explanations ?
I verified, and yes this is the expected behaviour. Lucene analyzer
stores "harry" as "harri" ("marry" as "marri"). I am pretty sure this
happened before too.
Yeah, this has always been the case. This is so that searches for
"carry" matches "carries", "carried", etc. English sucks.
] [Thread Prev