Re: newbie questions

> 1) How can I specify the applications to open with
> certain files (like *.mp3, *.jpeg or so)?

What application to use depends on the settings of the corresponding desktop
i.e. kde or gnome file association settings. Its what konqueror (in KDE) or
nautilus (in Gnome) will use when you double click the file.

> 2) It would be nice to support mutt-style
> maildirs.
> Now beagle says:
>
> Warn: KMail backend: /home/to/Maildir contains a maildir
> directory but no corresponding index file. Probably not a
> KMail mail directory. Ignoring this location!
>
> This is not good, though sometimes beagle found results in
> those maildirs...
> Or is there any workaround?

Those maildir directories are mutt files or kmail files ?

> 3) I use the official version from Edgy, and I noticed
> that the package contains and the binaries are actually win32
> exe files. Is this because of Mono?

Yes. Mono binaries are named as .exe and .dll.