Re: ubuntu repository

Hey! first let me say happy holidays!

On Dec 29, 2007 8:23 PM, D Bera <dbera web gmail com> wrote:
> Hey,
>  I know its a bad time to email you about this (you are probably in
> NYC and will stand in a huge queue to see what I will also see on the
> TV ;-).
Yeah, its always hard to justify, but plenty of fun to see that one time :)
>I found some posts by ubuntu users who were using your ppa
> repository for beagle-0.3; however, that one probably does not have a
> proper libbeagle1 - so the users were facing all kinds of problem with
> nautilus.
The problem is actually the opposite, i need to build a new nautlus
package with those new and cool patches that are in trunk. Since there
will be test release of gnome in about 2 weeks, and I can backport the
nautilus package, ill probably do that and rebuild it against the new
libbeagle, but ill wait till then, since it should be Jan 15th or so.
I'll see what I can do with the ppa, not sure If i can deactivate, but
if I can't il upload the 'working' but incomplete packages ive been
testing. and Ill build a nautilus against the new libbeagle, and
'rough patch it' (ie change the source with the beagle fix, just dont
actually do a package patch) It will work, just never into ubuntu
mainline. (i hope)
> When you get a chance, could you temporarily deactivate the
> ppa repository till you get time to finish off the packaging ?
>
> Thanks and have fun,
> - dBera

Same to you!

--