Re: beagle problem

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 12:00:12 -0500
"Joe Shaw" <joe joeshaw org> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> > Oh ... beagle-search explicitly excludes documentation index while
> > searching. The documentation index is used by yelp (gnome help
> > browser). Apparently documentation results in beagle-search was
> > confusing users and so it was blacklisted from general search.
>
> I'm now of the mind that we should probably re-enable documentation as
> a separate category in the search.  The UI can handle it reasonably
> well, whereas Best definitely could not.
>
> Joe

Just a suggestion, you can make it optional for users, i.e. if someone
finds the Documentation results confusing can disable them. I've
noticed that yelp is not able to use beagle daemon, when a search is
launched it warns:

(yelp:11000): Yelp-WARNING **: beagled not running, using basic search
support.

but beagled is running.
This happens with beagle 0.3.1 and yelp 2.20.0 under Ubuntu 7.10.

Regards.

* Giuseppe Borzi, Assistant Professor at the              *
* University of Messina - Department of Civil Engineering *
* Address: Contrada di Dio, Messina, I-98166, Italy       *
* Tel:     +390903977323                                  *
* Fax:     +390903977480                                  *
* email:   gborzi ieee org                                *
* url:     http://www.webalice.it/gborzi1                 *