re-crawling after move?

I just moved a rather large collection of PDFs to a different
directory and was surprised to see that beagle seemed to
re-crawl the moved directory, which is quite a lot of
work. I have enabled inotify and beagle noticed the directory
move as a delete, followed by the re-crawl later some time.

Is it not possible to recognize moves as moves and accordingly
only change the location information instead of deleting and
re-creating everything? Is this a limitation of inotify,
the indexing engine or beagle?

Johann