Re: IMAP, Google, and Yahoo Drivers

> > On another note I looked into porting some generic IMAP code from python
> > into beagle.  As Joe S. thought I ran into a problem with .net libraries
> > superseded python libraries.  I will probably have to rewrite the code in
> > C#.
>
> Right.  Although it might work, IronPython is a fairly new
> implementation and I'm not willing to add a dependency on the python
> class libraries for Beagle.

I tried the IronPython route a few months back and I faced the problem that
python doesnt have native namespace and ironpython provides no way to
generate namespaces. I was trying to write a filter for which I had to create
a class in a specific namespace. Someone in the IP mailing list replied that
its in their todo list; he didnt sound too keen to get that feature
implemented though. I dont remember the reason for requiring a namespace but
it had to something with loading of clr assemblies. I dont know if this
problem still persists but you might want to keep this in mind if you are
trying to write backends/querydrivers in python.

- d.

Debajyoti Bera, Graduate Student, Theory Grp, BU-CS
@ http://cs-people.bu.edu/dbera/   http://dbera.blogspot.com
@ 617-782-1324 (R)                 617-358-2354 (O)