Re: restarting the daemon from the search when it dies

Hi,

Brian J. Murrell wrote:
When beagle-search (the graphical UI) starts and does it's first search,
it checks if the daemon is running and asks one if one wants to start it
if it's not.

That same check should be done always.  For example, if I have to kill
the daemon because it's eating all of my VM (like I had to do this
morning to release nearly a GB of VM) and then try to search,
unsurprisingly, the search produces no results.  No "could not be found"
kind of error either.  The search window just sits there like it's
searching.  Of course, the daemon is not even running.

Would be good for the search tool to notice this and prompt the user if
he wants it started.

Good point.  Can you file a bug about this?

Thanks,