Re: Google Summer of Code Question

Personal opinion, you should really be fine, the purpose of the Google
SoC is to develop experience, and if you have several college level
programming classes under your belt, you should have enough of a
foundation to be in good shape.

This is assuming (of course) that you want to do the necessary work,
because you have less experience, you may have to spend some extra
time in the beginning acquainting yourself with the code. We have a
pretty active community here, who would be more than willing to help
you as much as they can.

I would encourage you to apply and just be forward with what you
already know how to do and what you will need to research in your
application.

My $0.02,
Kevin Kubasik