Re: Epiphany Extention Conf [Patch]

Hi,

On Sun, 2006-03-19 at 12:17 -0500, Kevin Kubasik wrote:
> configure.ini does not allow the epiphany extension to be built
> against the current epiphany, as it wants epiphany 1.8 or 1.6, this
> adds support for 2.14, and removes the unused galago checks (as the
> current interface does not use them)

Can you confirm that the extension builds and works against 2.14 as well
as the previous versions?

Also, we can disable the Galago check for now, but please don't remove
it; it'll probably come back at some point in the future.

If it works, feel free to commit.

> On a similar note, I am trying to figure out a better way to index web
> content, the current 'as-viewed' solution is a major resource hog and
> significantly slows the viewing of pages (especially some of the
> ajaxed ones like Gmai).

It should be converted to using the inotify-based indexing service
method.  The Firefox extension was moved over some time ago.  It has
very little resource overhead and has the benefit of batching up changes
when you view web pages but the beagle daemon isn't running.

If you wanted to change it to be off by default and somehow have an
"index this page" that would be a nice thing to have for both browsers'
extensions.