Re: Beagle on Debian AMD64 - Update

Hi,

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 21:36 +0100, Jack Malmostoso wrote:
> Stacktrace:
>
> in <0xe> (wrapper managed-to-native)
> System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal:PtrToStringAnsi (intptr)
> in <0xfffffffffffff92f> (wrapper managed-to-native)
> System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal:PtrToStringAnsi (intptr)
> in <0x197> Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteDataReader:ReadNextColumn ()

Ah, finally a useful stack trace!

I looked into this a little bit yesterday, and the code which is doing
this appears to be 64-bit unclean to me just from the looks of it.
Unfortunately I don't have an x86-64 box, so I can't interactively debug
it.

But, if you can try something for me, open up
beagled/Mono.Data.SqliteClient/SqliteDataReader.cs and go to the
ReadNextColumn() function.  Find this line:

        IntPtr fieldPtr = (IntPtr)Marhsal.ReadInt32 (paxColName, i*IntPtr.Size);

and change it to:

        IntPtr fieldPtr = Marshal.ReadIntPtr (paxColName, i*IntPtr.Size);

Rebuild and see if that fixes the problem.