Re: Not indexing Gaim, Websites and Thunderbird

Rajiv Vyas wrote:
I just installed Beagle on Ubuntu Edgy Etch. It's indexing Evolution
mail and documents very well, but not Gaim conversation, Web sites I
visit, Thunderbird, or even contact info in Evolution. How do I make
Beagle search for these files/data.

I had this problem for ages with Debian, and I think a number of others did too. In some cases, the problem appears to have been linked to people having both a .mozilla-thunderbird and .thunderbird directory in their home directory.

The .mozilla-thunderbird folder was used by older versions of Thunderbird. It should now be safe to delete (worth backing it up first, though), and that may help resolve the indexing issue. YMMV...

John