Re: Beagle can't launch evolution documents

Hi,

On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 15:24 -0400, Matthew Beale wrote:
>   Tried sending this without subscribing and it went to a moderator, who
> in turn never passed it through.  So, here it is again! :-)

Yeah.  The spam is so overwhelming in the queue that it's impossible to
segment out signal from noise, so all moderated mail gets binned.  Sorry
about that.

> I don't think the error is anything that complex: when
> clicking on an email (or email attachment) from the beagle search
> interface I get this error from evolution:
>
>   Error while Opening folder
>   email://1139305938 5482 0 hank/INBOX;uid=785.
>
>   No provider available for protocol `email'
>
> I thought it might be a gnome url-hander issue, so I added a gnome handler
> for email with /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/email in gconf.

Those URIs are passed directly to evolution, so it doesn't go through
gnome-url-handler at all.

Can you try running "evolution <uri>" from the command-line and see if
you get the same error?  If so, this looks like an Evolution bug.  It
very obviously does handle email URIs.