Re: Thoughts about FilterChm

Hi Joe,

uhm ... about CHM:
CHM files contain a number of HTML documents. These HTML documents
contain information about one or different issues.

Have a look at the PHP CHM file for example. Each HTML file there
describes one function.

I think it makes sense for beagle to link each HTML file based on its
content. If you are searching for one PHP function, it would be great if
beagle links the file directly, so that a viewer program will not open
the index CHM file but the HTML file containing the selected function.

Say you are searching for mysql_error ():

If you handle a CHM file like an archive, beagle will link it the
following way:
CHM file -> subsection whereever -> mysql_error.html

If you think CHM is one big document, than beagle will open the CHM file
and will remain on top of the file. You will have to search again for
"mysql_error" in the CHM viewer program.

IMHO CHM files are comparable to archives.

Have a nice day :)