Re: Beagle Inclusion/Exclusion Lists

On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 22:14 +0300, Sami Haahtinen wrote:

> Richard Laager wrote:
> > 1. Does Beagle have a default exclude list of things like *~, *.o, etc.?
>
> Apparently at least *~ is excluded, but this gives me an other idea. How
> about implementing some kind of file grouping. files that can be easily
> identified as derivates of each other, like *~ for backups, could be
> grouped with each other.

This is an interesting idea....

> This would allow us to index Version control systems. Think about it,
> searching past revisions of a file or searching graphics generated from
> a certain source.

This might be handy. :)

This leads me to another idea... I maintain all of my code, documents,
etc. in CVS. At some point, I might switch to a differ VCS, but the idea
still holds...

I would love to see someone create a CVS commit script that would update
a static index. Then, I could rsync those indexes to my laptop so that
my searches would yield results from my entire set of documents, even if
they're not checked out on the machine at the moment.

If someone is interested in coding this, please let me know. I could
probably be convinced to put up a bounty if necessary.

Richard