Re: Firefox Extension Not Working

On Mon April 10 2006 14:48, Joe Shaw wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 23:35 -0400, Rick Friedman wrote:
> > I run Debian Sid. On Saturday, I upgraded (via Debian's unstable
> > repository) to Beagle 0.2.4. Since then, the beagle extension for Firefox
> > does not seem to work.
> >
> > The extension worked fine with beagle 0.2.3. Since the upgrade, no web
> > page that I've visited shows up in any searches. For that matter, web
> > pages that were indexed with beagle 0.2.3 no longer show up in searches
> > using beagle 0.2.4. I am using the most current version of the Firefox
> > extension, version 0.5.
>
> Do you see any errors if you look at the logs in ~/.beagle/Log?  If you
> touch a file on your filesystem, do you see a line like
> "+file:///home/joe/foo" written there?  If so, what do you see if you
> then visit a web site?
>
> Nothing changed within Beagle between 0.2.3 and 0.2.4 for the indexing
> service backend (which is what handles items from the firefox extension)
> nor the Firefox extension itself.  So I think something else might be
> going on.

Once I touch a file I see the type of line you
mentioned : "+file:///home/rick/foo" Upon visiting a web site I use for my
home page, I see the following in the log:
060410 1729251277 07615 IndexH DEBUG: -http://www.google.com/ig
060410 1729251483 07615 IndexH DEBUG: +http://www.google.com/ig

And yet, if I run beagle-search and enter, as a term, some content from that
page, beagle-search returns nothing.

As a matter of fact, if I enter the actual domain of any web site, nothing
shows up in search.

Rick
--
Rick's Law: What cannot be imagined will be accomplished by a fool.