Re: Firefox Extension Not Working

Hi,

On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 23:35 -0400, Rick Friedman wrote:
> I run Debian Sid. On Saturday, I upgraded (via Debian's unstable repository)
> to Beagle 0.2.4. Since then, the beagle extension for Firefox does not seem
> to work.
>
> The extension worked fine with beagle 0.2.3. Since the upgrade, no web page
> that I've visited shows up in any searches. For that matter, web pages that
> were indexed with beagle 0.2.3 no longer show up in searches using beagle
> 0.2.4. I am using the most current version of the Firefox extension, version
> 0.5.

Do you see any errors if you look at the logs in ~/.beagle/Log?  If you
touch a file on your filesystem, do you see a line like
"+file:///home/joe/foo" written there?  If so, what do you see if you
then visit a web site?

Nothing changed within Beagle between 0.2.3 and 0.2.4 for the indexing
service backend (which is what handles items from the firefox extension)
nor the Firefox extension itself.  So I think something else might be
going on.