beagle queryable for Gentoo installed ebuilds

First, thanks for the beagle software and the quick help I have gotten writing
the Gentoo ebuild filter for beagle. I am wanting to use this for my one stop
search engine and therefore I have a request for some dev help. Not coding,
just pointing me in the right direction. I hope I haven't skipped over
documention on this...

I want to write something that will the search results to indicate if an
ebuild has been installed. Quick intro... ebuilds are the Gentoo
specification of a package, like a .deb Debian file, etc. I also want to
return info like when it was installed, the total package size, etc. I think
a queryable would be best.

Here's my thoughts so far...

1. Use a static index on /var/db/pkg since it does not change much and it
system wide. I want to only include the .ebuild files since they contain the
only searchable data.
2. Extend StaticQueryable and override DoQuery to post process the hit
results. I would add properties to the hit results to include the install
time, package size, etc.

Questions:

1. Is it OK to override StaticQueryable and mess with the Hit objects?
2. How would I get my queryable to be used instead of StaticQueryable?

3. Other suggestions? I thought about modifying the FilterEbuild.cs to check
if the file was actually in the /var/db/pkg directory (indicating it is part
of the install database), and then include the properties. Only the filter is
modified, no queryable needed, and that ebulid is touched whenever the
installation changes so beagle would pick it up. However, that seems to be
somewhat outside the scope of the filter.

Also I will be modifying kerry (KDE specific search) to include the install
time and package size so the results are shown.

Thanks for your consideration.

--
Pat Double, pat patdouble com
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."