Re: beagled stuck, won't shutdown -- debugging suggestions?

Hi,

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 17:07 +0100, Darren Davison wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 11:54:41AM -0400, Joe Shaw wrote:
>
> > If these are MS Word documents, you probably don't have a fixed
> > (patched) wv1.
>
> Thanks Joe - I'll check (can't recall if they were off the top of my head).
> I do have a few on this machine so it could have been.
>
> Is the memory usage issue related to this too, or is that separate?

It's entirely possible, but I suspect there are a lot of other memory
issues in there that are fixable as well.

Jon wrote a great tool for profiling that info and has been going
through identifying and (when it's in our code) fixing them.  Some of
them are inefficiencies in the Mono class libraries, though.