From: Nils Erik Svangård <nilserik gmail com>
To: Dashboard Hackers <dashboard-hackers gnome org>
Sent: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 17:28:57 +0200
Subject: Mail indexer

Hello!
I user mozilla-thunderbird as my primary mailreader (I dont like the filtering in Evolution). I have played around with beagle (and browsed the Evolution indexer source). If I want to index my mail do I have to make a Thunderbird indexer or is it better to write a IMAP interface and index my mail directly on the server.
This question applies to LICQ also, I use LICQ and Gaim parallel. LICQ handles ICQ much better than Gaim. Do I have to write a indexer for LICQ aswell.
What is the diffrence between indexer and filters?
/nisse