Beagle and Thunderbird

Hi,

I had a short conversation a few days ago with Daniel Drake in #dashboard about why there is no Thunderbird backend for beagle yet.

Roughly he told me that (sorry Daniel if this is not 100% accurate):
-apparently thunderbird does not provide a nice way of opening a specific email via the command line
-the database format (msf files) is hard to parse

So I went to the Thunderbird forums and asked about that: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=1891642

And mscott, the main Thunderbird developer answer was: "Copernico and GDS integrated with thunderbird using our APIs, no mork parsing required. Seems like beagle should be able to do the same thing."

Unfortunately I don't have the skill to do such a thing but I thought it was a good idea to share these with you guys.

Best