Re: searching for parts of words?

Am Montag, den 14.11.2005, 11:20 +0100 schrieb DANIELLLANO terra es:
> Bernhard Kleine wrote:
> > when searching for "retinoblastom" 4 results, for "retinoblastoma" 72
> > results, bug or feature??
> >
> > I would propose, this is a bug!
>
> Google does just the same. Would you submit a bug report to google?

Actually I am not concerned with the Google data base but with my own
and if i have to write a search word exactly as in the original text or
only the first significant letters will make a large difference:
e.g.

immunology
immunological
immunologist
immunologie
immunologisch
immunologe

(the last three the german counter parts of the first)

would all match if "immunolog" would be true search word for any of the
six entries. For practical purposes I regard a search strategy as
insufficient when only exact word matching is allowed. Would it not be a
major improvement, even for Google, when all words that match a pattern
would be found?

Having been used to unix, i think that searching e.g. with regular
expressions can do both, exact word matching and all the words that
match.

May the beagle future be less misty than the black forest today

Bernhard