Re: hanging IndexWebContent-processes

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 23:15 +0200, Paul Wellner Bou wrote:
> I can't reproduce this by command line. Even starting a process exactly
> like one I found in the ps list, the url gets indexed and before
> finishing the source file is deleted. All ok.

Hmm, I wonder if invoking from Firefox is perhaps causing the problems.
I'll look into it in more detail tomorrow.

> It seems that those never ending beagle-index-url processes don't delete
> the source files.

Ooh, really?  This would mean that execution never gets to the point in
which the files are deleted, which would (most likely) mean some sort of
deadlock within mono itself.

One thing you might want to try is to edit the beagle-index-url script
and remove the "--debug" option to mono, to see if that has an effect.

If anyone having this problem is running an RPM distribution, try
installing mono rpms from here:

        http://primates.ximian.com/~bmaurer

Get the latest ones (as of right now, that's "1.1.7.99.45205") and see
if you can continue to duplicate the issue.

Thanks,