What does --with-thunderbird option do in configure?

I was under the impression that beagle did not search Thunderbird email/address book. Then I noticed the following as one of the configure options:

--with-mozilla[=mozilla|firefox|thunderbird]
                         Whether to use mozilla, firefox or thunderbird

so I went ahead and used "--with-firefox --with-thunderbird" as options for ./autogen. No errors were thrown but doesn't look as if my thunderbird emails were indexed? So what does --with-thunderbird configure option do?

Also, how do I get Best to put the right icons on the search results - Word icon for .doc, Excel for .xls, Star office/Open Office for .sxw etc?

Regards

Abbas