Re: Beagle CVS and Evolution Address book

Dnia 22-05-2005, nie o godzinie 16:51 -0400, Joe Shaw napisał(a):

> Just a general FYI: This isn't a safe change to make.  The major so
> number (3 vs. 0 in this case) are different for a reason. :)  It
> indicates that the library interface is incompatible.  So if you do this
> there is no guarantee that things will work... there's a good chance
> it'll crash.

Well... it looks like it works quite fine. The only problem I see is
when I try to "open" a contact in BEST. I get:

| Open URI: action:_tile_26!Open
| Warning: Open method not implemented for this tile type

A similiar out when trying to open a mail message:

| Open URI: action:_tile_37!Open
| Unable to run evolution: Cannot find the specified file

It seems something changed here. In the prev version of Beagle, I was
able to do that just fine.

> Is /opt/gnome/lib in your /etc/ld.so.conf or LD_LIBRARY_PATH?  Mono just
> looks in those places for libraries like any other application.

Yes, it is in ld.so.conf. Arch installs all the *-sharp packages
into /opt/mono and follows this layout strictly. Generally things work
without a problem (for example - libgtkhtml is in /opt/gnome/lib and
gtkhtml-sharp is in /opt/mono). Dunno why it doesn't work with evolution
sharp.

--
Michał Dominik K.
mdk mdk org pl