Mail reader app (Re: Is Beagle indexing my email?)

Beagle will be a killer app. I saw your presentation at last
year's GUADEC, and have done a presentation about "metadata
search systems on the desktop" for the digital library group at
the university.

Nat Friedman <nat novell com> ytret 2005-05-18 03:05:

> On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 22:58 -0400, Joe Shaw wrote:
>
> > A big problem with handling Maildir files outside of Evo is that I'm not
> > aware of apps that know how to open the mails from a file URI.  (Evo
> > doesn't.)

My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I saw this:

>         - Write a small mail viewer application for such matches
>
> So if someone is looking for a self-contained way to contribute to
> Beagle, this might be a nice task to pick up.

I have had plans for making an easy mail reader application for
quite a long time, and I have made simple mail reading scripts
in python and an IMAP mail reader for web. These are small personal
projects in object oriented python to learn from so that I can make
a gui mail reader app when my studies are finished in medio june).

You probably want more than this. What do you want?

Mail reader app?
With GUI?
Written in Mono?

If this can wait a month, I will gladly do it. If I can base this
work on my python scripts (temporary without a GUI) I work on this
in the weekend. However, I need to know what to code before I
start ;)

Sigurd Gartmann