Re: Extended Attributes on crypto FS

Hi James,

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 18:10 +0000, James Ogley wrote:
> Trying to try out beagle, but beagled won't start, because I don't have
> extended attributes enabled on my home directory.  Thing is that my home
> directory is encrypted, details being held in /etc/cryptotab (on SuSE).
> Is it possible to add the user_xattr option in that file too as detailed
> at http://www.beaglewiki.org/index.php/Enable%20Extended%20Attributes ?

I feel pretty confident in saying that you're the first person to try
running beagle on an encrypted filesystem.  I don't know anything
about /etc/cryptotab, but if that is where you provide the mount options
for the underlying file system, that is probably the right place to do
it.

Try it out and let us know how it goes. :)