Re: Beagle and gdesklets

Hi,

On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 12:51 +0100, Adam Lofts wrote:
> As part of my plan to implement
> http://www.student.livjm.ac.uk/cmsphend/gnome/scoop.html in gdesklets
> i've written a desklet to do beagle searches. It is in a primitive
> state, but can do searches and seems relatively stable. See what you
> think of it (my artistic skills are limited, and i'm new to python!)

Hey, this is pretty neat!  I'm happy to see people extended Beagle into
other areas.  Even if you don't go the Scoop route, I think that just
having a Beagle gdesklet is a great thing.

I also noticed that you're using the XML API directly.  Nicely done.
Soon we'll have a C API... one could either bind that into python or
also write a native python interface.

Once you get it into a state you feel good about releasing, you should
definitely add a page for it to the Wiki.

Thanks!