Re: Much thanks and some Beagle questions

Hey!

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 08:42 -0800, Michael Hay wrote:

> 1.) Beagle will not query to Google.  I've followed all of the
> documentation that I can put my hands on (like getting the Google API
> key)  but I cannot see anything in the log file, related to Google
> searches, even with the debug switch turned on for beagled.  Thoughts?

The default search domain for Best is "Local" (or "Neighborhood" or
something like that).  This prevents your private search terms from
being shipped over the network by default.

Look in beagle/Best/BestWindow.cs:Search().  There should be a
commented-out line that turns on Google and other non-local search
backends.

> 2.)  Beagle fails to index on an MS Exchange server accessed and
> cached by Evolution through IMAP.  I am getting several error messages
> on startup from beagled related to crawling the cached IMAP data:

[ debugging info snipped ]

> Not sure, but I'm wondering if the fact that the way the IMAP user
> account is named through Evolution has anything to do with the
> EvolutionMailDriver not indexing my email...

I'm not sure about this one.  Joe might know better.

> 3.) The emblem/icons which should appear on the left hand side of best
> only appear for web pages and contacts.  If the search results contain
> anything other than web pages and contacts taken from e-d-s no emblems
> or icons appear.  I have no idea how to debug this other than
> verifying that the Images.dll is in /usr/local/lib/beagle and that the
> images from the CVS dist are in Images.dll by doing a strings on the
> DLL itself.  (I can send a screenshot to better illustrate what I'm talking
> about RE best.)

Screenshot would be helpful.  I'm not seeing this.

For issues 2 and 3, you should probably open bugs in bugzilla.gnome.org.

Thanks a lot for your feedback Michael!

Nat