Re: Sorry to interrupt...

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 01:40 +0000, Tolan Blundell wrote:
> I'm presuming that Beagle is now the focus because:
>
> a) it needs to be ready before Dashboard can really work, now that
> Dashboard is based on Beagle,

Yes.  Dashboard is based on Beagle for a reason --- the lack of a good
search and metadata infrastructure created lots of problems for
Dashboard development.

> b) because there's such a big focus on desktop search at the moment.

A lot of the activity around desktop search happened after we had
already started working on Beagle.  It was (thankfully) less of an issue
when we were making those decisions.

-J