How do I make beagle index somefile.myowntype... ?

Filter writers of the world - Unite !

There is now a wrote a small(!) wiki article on how filters work (rather, how
to write a filter), check it here:
http://beaglewiki.org/Beagle_Filter_Anatomy
Its only a few hours effort and suggestions/additions are welcome. I would
recommend reading general beagle architecture
http://beaglewiki.org/Beagle_Architecture_Overview
to get a better understanding of what filters are and where do they come in
during the whole beagled process.
Inform the mailing list about any kool filter that you create. If its written
in C#, chances are that it can be even included in beagle-repo (if its not in
C#, it's still useful).

- d.

PS: And now if anybody writes a filter for postscript files
_without_invoking_ghostscript_ (that route is too cpu intensive), I am sure
that will help a lot of beaglers :)

--
Debajyoti Bera, BU-CS
@ http://cs-people.bu.edu/dbera/   http://dbera.blogspot.com